About this opportunity
VolunteeringACT is seeking Volunteers for a range of roles! Duties include:
• Respond to community information hub enquiries face-to-face and via the telephone in a professional, respectful and timely manner • Ensure community and volunteering information is made available to all members of the community • Support visitors to engage with various information platforms including our volunteering portal and ACT Community Directory and ACT Community Diary • Assist in database accuracy of the above information platforms • Accurately record service user statistics • Assist in maintaining and updating hardcopy information supplies under the direction of the Community Information Coordinator • Assisting members of the team with administrative support as required • Undertake necessary training as identified by the Manager and as negotiated for professional development. • Occasional support promoting the work of the organisation at various promotional activities and events • Maintain a positive working relationship with all team members • Other duties as required, including administrative tasks and support, emailing, phone calls.
Working with Children Check *.
-Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and active listening.
-Be able to deal respectfully and sensitively with a broad range of stakeholders.
-Confident IT skills.
-Ability to work in a team, under supervision.
-Problem solving skills.
- Working with Vulnerable People Card required
4 hour shifts available Monday - Friday; either 9am-1pm or 1-5pmSuitable for
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
on going support and training providedReimbursement
Volunteer parking permit available (if required), free barista hot drink available per shift.