About this opportunity
The following work scope applies to all volunteers at RDA:
- Assist with preparation of horses for riding, including catching, cleaning, brushing.
- Lead horses in a safe manner to ensure the safety of acutely disabled clients and our volunteers.
- Ability to train as a Coach, which takes 2 years.
- Walk beside the horses as instructed, ensuring the safety of the clients, and in the case of an emergency to help dismount and care for them.
- General duties as required, including clearing the paddocks of manure, cleaning tack, raking and maintaining paths.
- All volunteers are required to be physically fit and will be required to walk for at least 1 hour per riding session.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Must be physically fit. Experience in handling horses would be an advantage. Working with Children Check and Police Clearance are mandatory and payable by Agency.
Tuesday and Wednesday am/pm during school termsSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Disability Support
- Working with Animals
On the jobReimbursement
Tea and coffee supplied