About this opportunity
Are you: Interested in clinical and community-based volunteer work? Over the age of 18 and hold an unencumbered Australian driver's license? Able to easily work solo but also as part of a team? Physically able to perform CPR?
Then St John could use your help!
The Volunteer Ambulance Officer role involves:
- participating in the sub-centre roster to attend ambulance jobs (this includes both emergency situations and routine patient transfers);
- attending public events to provide first aid services;
- attend training regularly to maintain skills;
- completing accurate records for ambulance calls; and
- completing general duties associated with maintaining vehicles and the sub centre to the required standard.
Resilient communities are founded on the idea of reciprocity – giving back and looking out for one another in times of need. St John Volunteers do just that - they help keep their communities strong. No role has a greater meaning than one that can change the life of a friend or loved one.
Covid-19 vaccination . Driver's Licence (C) . Heavy Lifting . Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Provide First Aid Course completed with St John (Provided at no cost). Medically & physically fit. Able to remain calm under pressure. Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds.
Minimum commitment is 60 hours annually - this equates to 1 shift plus training per month.Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
2 full days + 8hr driving course - broken into modules. Some online study necessary. Time flexible.Reimbursement
Free ambulance cover for yourself, spouse and dependants, as specified by St John.