About this opportunity
As an Arts and Crafts activity assistant you will work with the Children's Librarian from the Nedlands Library to provide an exciting and hands on arts and crafts activity to a small group of children and teens over the September/October 2022 school holidays. This is a pilot session which we hope will lead to other workshops which would be held during the school holidays and/or as an after-school program. We are looking for multiple volunteers with skills in arts and crafts activities such as knitting, crochet, needlework, embroidery, and/or weaving. The program will be advertised to children/teens as a buddy session for learning an art or craft skills. All the materials will be supplied by the Nedlands Library.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Able to knit, crochet, sew, embroider, and/or weave
- Able to work as part of team
- Enthusiasm to work with children and teens
- Able to teach a skill to a child or teen
- Able to work well in a lively atmosphere
- National Police Check (organised and paid for by the City of Nedlands)
- Working with Children Check (organised and paid for by the City of Nedlands)
10:30am- 12pm Friday September 30th 2022 and potentially ongoing.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Library Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
City induction, department and occupational health and safety induction.