About this opportunity
Do you want to help in Advocating for, Promoting & Rehoming of Retired Race Horses, while working with a dedicated team of volunteers across Queensland? We want to hear from you! We are currently seeking skilled individuals who have experience in helping animals in need, to carry out various voluntary roles including the role of a Equestrian Event Volunteer. The Standardbred Association Qld (SAQ) is a not-for-profit association, operating throughout Queensland and staffed exclusively by volunteers.
The Role We are looking for Equestrian Event Volunteer to join our team. Reporting to the Events Coordinator, you will assist with the organising and running Musters, clinics, members training days and Competitions at our Equestrian Events held at Marburg Showgrounds and various other location when necessary.
The Equestrian Events Volunteers are responsible for:
- Assisting the Events Co-Ordinator in organising, setting up and running clinics, members training days and Competitions at our Equestrian Events held at Marburg showgrounds
- Assist in the Co-ordination of the SAQ Annual State Championships held at Gatton Showgrounds in September
- Assist in the Co-ordination of SAQ Ridden and Static Displays held at Marburg Race Days
- As a volunteer, you will be assisting event participants, officials, sponsors and spectators. No prior experience is needed, as we are able to teach you all you need to know. We run monthly small equestrian events and cater for around 80 people at these events . If you are able to even help for a few hours, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to meet new people, have fun, learn new skills, use your skills, build confidence and contribute in a positive way to our community, helping at SAQ is a great place to start! Do you love having fun, love meeting people, love making a difference to animals in needs of our assistance…then we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking reliable volunteers, who are efficient, exhibit a courteous manner, a good attitude and a hard working nature.
If you are interested please send your Resume and a Cover Letter detailing why you want to work at SAQ and why you think you would be a great volunteer for this role. A Position Description is available upon request. The contact email is [email protected]; feel free to ask any questions you may have about this role or other available roles.
The association usually runs at least one Equestrian event a month at the Marburg Showgrounds. Our equestrian events are generally run on a Saturday from 7am until 4pm. If you are able to even help for a few hours, it would be greatly appreciated.Suitable for
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Fundraising & Events
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
On the job training provided as needed.Reimbursement
SAQ's Expenses Policy provides for reimbursement of reasonable, pre-approved expenses incurred while carrying out SAQ business.