About this opportunity
We distribute new and pre-loved essential baby items to WA families in need. We provide a box of “little things” to assist families to care for their newborn with items such as clothing, blankets, nappies, wipes, toys and books. Our volunteers collect and package donations into New Baby Boxes which are distributed via our clients. Our clients are social service organisations, hospitals, refuges and other community support services.
About the Role
We hold regular volunteer sessions to sort donations and pack our new baby boxes. Our sessions are held in the morning on the first Friday of the month at Tuart Hill Community Centre.
Interested candidates need to be committed to at least 12 months in the role. Successful candidates will be rostered with attendance being required once a month. This role is supported by the Volunteer Coordinator. Full training is provided.
We are requesting applicants only apply if they are able to regularly attend and supervise at a monthly Friday session.
- Unlock and lock the venue at the start and end of each session.
- Greet and register attending volunteers.
- Provide a safety briefing at the beginning of each session.
- Guide community volunteers through tasks for each session.
- Ensure that strict quality control measures are followed for all inbound donations.
- Work cohesively with the attending committee member to ensure that targets for the session are met and record session outcomes.
- Communicate low stock levels at the end of each session to the Resources Coordinator.
- Able to present a positive image of the charity to the community and clients.
- Maximum of 5 hours per month (one session)
- We are requesting applicants only apply if they are able to regularly attend and supervise at a monthly Friday session.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Passion, commitment and interest in the charity’s mission.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Comfortable to communicate with a group of volunteers.
- Able to devote time and effort to help Little Things achieve its operational objectives.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Personal commitment to the mission of Little Things.
- Based in metropolitan Perth.
Once you have completed a minimum of six months in the role, we will be happy to provide you with a letter of reference to support your resume.
Successful applicants will need to undertake a Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (Little Things to arrange and fund).
5 hours per month (Friday)Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Retail & Sales