About this opportunity
Wildlife Rescue Phone Coordinator | Team Member:
Join the supportive Rescue Phone Team and assist our wildlife by giving advice and finding solutions to assist wildlife in need in South Australia.
You will need:
- mobile phone
- to install 3 apps on your phone
- to be able to fill in online forms
- full training and resources
- a supportive team to contact for assistance
Our 4-hour phone shifts cover 24 hours 7 days a week and you must be available to work at different times across the week, including weekends. In the beginning, you would work in tandem with an experienced operator. Your shift times would be worked out with you and the Roster Coordinator, taking into consideration your ongoing commitments.
Ideally, you will have some knowledge and experience with wildlife but it's not essential. If you love wildlife and love helping people and animals, you will love this role. You will learn a lot about our common species that come into care and how you can provide assistance to members of the public, or call out one of our Wildlife Rescuers.
We are Centrelink Approved.
SOWFI is a Member Organisation and you must become a member to volunteer with us. Annual membership fees are $55 ($45 conc)
National Police Certificate *.
It’s important that organisations continue to monitor and follow the advice and guidelines of both State or Territory, and Federal Governments in relation to the latest COVID-19 requirements.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Voluntary Workers Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
A minimum commitment of 12 hours per weekSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Counselling & Help Line
- Working with Animals