About this opportunity
Mid West Ports Authority (MWPA) are seeking interested community members to join their highly regarded Meet & Greet Volunteer team to assist in providing a warm welcome to visiting cruise ships.
Meet & Greet Volunteers play an important role in the success of cruise ship visits to Geraldton and provide an enthusiastic first (and last) point of contact to our passengers. They are also responsible for providing tourist information and directions to passengers upon request.
Volunteers will be positioned either alongside the ship gangway or in the Welcome Area as passengers either disembark the vessel or port shuttle bus. Each shift is normally 3 hours, depending on vessel requirements, with a shirt and hat provided to all volunteers.
Mid West Ports Authority appreciates and values the expertise and experience that volunteers contribute to the Port of Geraldton’s operations.
We aspire to ensure your volunteering experience is an enjoyable one, and our commitment to you is to align with Australian best practice standards for volunteer programs, to promote a safe, enjoyable, and supportive environment for all.
We look forward to hearing form you
Covid-19 vaccination .
* Good understanding and knowledge of the local area.
* Warm and welcoming demeanor.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to understand and comply with MWPA policy requirements.
* Ability to converse with passengers of varying age, nationality and background.
Each shift is normally 3 hours, depending on vessel requirements.Suitable for
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
On job training provided. A shirt and hat will be provided to all volunteers.