About this opportunity
• Attending Schools, OSHC groups, libraries and community centres with SciWorld staff • Helping to set up tables and equipment for workshops and shows • Assist moving and inflating mobile planetariums • Unpacking science kit contents and consumables • Packing up planetariums and workshop kits • Help guide participants as basic crowd control
Covid-19 vaccination . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Skills and abilities required:
• A background and/or interest in science
• Understanding of chemicals and safety
• Attention to detail
• Basic computer literacy
* During the Covid-19 pandemic, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the State or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
We are open two (2) days per week on Tuesdays and Fridays. Flexible hours are available.Type of work
- Education & Training
Training is provided