About this opportunity
Urban communities often feel nature is separate from them, despite our wild neighbours being close by – if you know where to look!
Grab your torch and see the Cumberland Plain come alive at night. You never know what you might spot and hear. It could be the hoot of a Boobook Owl, the croak of a Tree Frog, the barking of a Sugar Glider family or one of the many other creatures of the night, great and small.
Join us for 2hrs of adventure as we go spotlighting with our Ecologist at the enchanting Lt Cantello Reserve at night! Learn about this special reserve and the nocturnal critters that call this place home. This event is made possible with support from Western Sydney Airport and Liverpool City Council.
- 7.45pm-10.00pm, Friday 10 December (spaces limited)
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
*Please note as per the COVID restrictions enforced by the NSW Government all volunteers over the age of 16 must be fully vaccinated to attend unless you have a medical exemption.
Please also note the minimum age for participation is 3 years, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany any children under 15 years.
Covid-19 vaccination .
Please wear sturdy shoes/boots, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. Warm clothing any snacks and water are a must.
This event will commence onsite at 7.15pm and finish at 9.30pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
No prior experience necessary! Team Leaders will provide volunteers with safety inductions and training.