About this opportunity
Do you love TikTok or Reels? Do you post TikToks or Reels? Do you have allergies?
If yes to the above, then this is your opportunity to join our mission and create inspiring, educational and engaging content to increase the support and awareness of allergies in Australia.
You don't need to be an influencer or an actor. You just have to enjoy creating TikTok or Reels and want to help make a difference for others with allergies.
This volunteer role is part of Allergy Life Australia's Share to be Aware Program, where we need your help to communicate the importance of allergies.
Who we are Allergy Life Australia supports, enhances and advocates for the lives and lifestyles of those living with Allergies in Australia.
Our initiatives are set up to be a reliable and on-going resource for those in the community with Allergies. They are set up with no cost for those that need them, and it is our mission to continue supporting the community with these initiatives that they can always rely upon.
The content The type of content that will be created will be educative, informational, seasonal and with a personal focus on helping improve the lives and lifestyles of those living with allergies, and will be based on our social media calendar for TikTok or Reels.
**We will credit you ** The content will be posted on our TikTok and Reels, and we will credit your name or page in the comments or the description.
- You have allergies or you live closely with someone that does
- You enjoy making TikToks or Reels, and you're comfortable on video
- You have a smart phone with access to the apps to record
- You can work with us to come up with ideas and then record the content
- You have allergy related life experience (you or someone close to you) with food allergies, environmental allergies, anaphylaxis, etc
- You are professional in your content creation
- Previous TikTok or Reels experience is not essential, however experience being a strong user of TikTok or Reels is essential in understanding the type of content to create
- You are passionate about allergies and wants to help others with allergies
- This role is open to anyone 15 and over.
This is not a paid position.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US
You can make a real impact for those living with allergies in Australia, working with some of the most forward working solutions for them by a leading organisation. You will also receive training and support, especially if this is your first role. All volunteers will receive a certificate after a 6 month period, and they will be provided with a referral letter for any other positions they apply for.
Volunteers also have the opportunity to join Allergy Life Australia as a member, and receive all membership benefits now and into the future.
You can volunteer once per week, once per fortnight or as little as once per month. The commitment is flexible, we will work together so we can help more people with allergies in Australia.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Tutoring & Coaching
Guidance will be provided from experience content creators as required.Reimbursement
Reimbursement for any agreed upon out-of-pocket expenses.