About this opportunity
About Aurous Ltd Aurous Ltd is committed to using the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness for seniors in our community. This is achieved through our social connection programs including Digital Visiting, In-Home Visits, Drop-In Chat, Online Clubs and Digital Mentoring programs.
About the role and what impact you will make Digital Mentors are instrumental in supporting seniors to increase their digital skills and improve confidence and connection, through 1 hourly weekly sessions.
Aurous Ltd is seeking Digital Mentors who can speak fluent Italian. This is a virtual volunteer position, meaning you can be based anywhere in Australia, can safely continue volunteering during lockdowns and the pandemic and can fit around other commitments such as work, study and family.
A typical week in the life of our Digital Mentors include:
Provide one-on-one support to a participant and equipping participant(s) with the tools to use their Samsung tablet.
Support participant in learning new digital skills. This could be emails, Facebook, downloading apps, YouTube, online shopping and more.
Provide one-on-one mentoring sessions for an average of 1 hour per week, via Team Viewer and telephone.
Participate in monthly catch up sessions with assigned Connection Support Officer.
Participate in virtual reward and recognition events and check-ins.
Work in a safe manner.
Adhere to the organisation's policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will need to:
Be patient, kind and empathetic towards seniors.
Be an excellent communicator with the ability to converse in fluent Italian.
Be proficient in using a computer or smart device.
*Be experienced using Team Viewer or willing to learn.
Be over 18 years old, due to insurance purposes.
Have the ability to provide two personal or professional referees (relatives are not considered suitable references).
Volunteers must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to complete a National Criminal Check (organised by Aurous Ltd).
Have access to reliable internet, telephone and computer or smart device.
If you can't speak Italian but would love to become a Digital Mentor? Check out our Digital Mentor ad listed on this site.
As this is a virtual volunteer role, you will be required to use your own computer, tablet or smart device, have reliable internet, telephone and able to access emails.
Please note, upon expressing interest, your will receive an email providing you with a link to register via our website. Once registered, please check your junk/spam folder.
Benefits At Aurous Ltd, we have 350 virtual volunteers and we want to partner with our volunteers to fulfil our mission. We could not achieve this without you. We appreciate the investment you make in us and in return, we are committed to investing in you. We do this by:
- Online induction and training-no need to attend training on site.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Designated Connection Support Officer.
- Monthly check-in calls with your Connection Support Officer.
- Virtual volunteer conference.
- Zoom events and meetings (social, themed events and training).
- Monthly newsletter.
- Designated Manager-Volunteer Services.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)-free counselling.
- Quarterly feedback survey so we can continue to improve and support our volunteers (we do listen to feedback).
- Volunteer Advocacy Group.
- Virtual volunteer role-no more commuting to a site and long volunteer shifts. We also offer volunteer shifts after hours and on weeks to fit in with your work, family or study commitments.
- Volunteer role that lets you donate your time and skills safely and is not impacted by lockdowns or the pandemic. *Minimal time effort but maximum impact. On average, volunteer shifts are 1 hour per week, per participant.
- Be part of an organisation that has been in the digital space for the past 7 years.
- Currently commencing our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Positive, inclusive, and supportive culture.
At Aurous Ltd, we acknowledge and respect Elders past, present and future of the many First Nations language groups as the custodians of the lands on which we work. We acknowledge their stores and traditions and commit to working together to further our mission of connection.
National Police Certificate *.
1 hour per week at a mutually agreed day/time.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tutoring & Coaching
Online induction and training provided. Ongoing development also provided.