About this opportunity
Our Event Leaders are the ones who really make it happen at the local level by planning events for our members. These events may be either physical fitness activities, social activities or volunteering activities. The following are the main responsibilities:
- Working with the Chapter Leader to identify the types of activities needed, and then planning and running those activities for our members.
- Posting new events in the Chapter Facebook Group.
- Completing a risk assessment if necessary.
- Setting up banners, tear drop flags or equipment at events if necessary.
Supervising the event for quality, safety and identifying members who may have unmet mental health needs.
The following are the criteria we are looking for:
- Ability to plan and run events. These events are generally quite simple in nature, ranging from group runs, a BBQ or connecting to a larger volunteer initiative that our members can participate in (eg; Clean Up Australia Day).
- Ability to use social media to plan events.
- Ability to identify event opportunities and expand the range of events for our members.
- Ex-military or emergency service experience is not necessary, but a passion for helping our people is critical. Previous experience with mental health management is also helpful but not necessary.
The role is fully developed, a detailed handover and training will be provided. You are supported by the Chapter Leader and the Managing Director. Additionally, this is a great opportunity to develop close, personal connections and networks, and feel the full rewards of being a leader within your community. If you’re interested, please call Jon on 0407 614 657 or email to [email protected] Many thanks.
Approximately 1-3 hours per week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Sport & Physical Activity
We provide job specific training on processes/procedures at the start. We also enroll you in a First Aid Course and Mental Health Awareness Training.Reimbursement
All Chapter expenses will be covered by Buddy Up Australia, including a Chapter Leader's allocation of cash for incidentals that can be spent at your