About this opportunity
About us Aurous Ltd is committed to using the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness in Australia's most vulnerable.
This is achieved through our social connection programs including Digital Mentoring, Digital Visits, In-Home Visits, Drop-In Chat and Group Chat programs.
However, we cannot achieve this without the wonderful support of our volunteers!
About the role
We are seeking volunteers who can speak Italian fluently, to support seniors to increase their digital skills, improve confidence and connection, through 1 hour weekly sessions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support Participant in learning how to use their Samsung Tablet.
- Support Participant in learning new digital skills. This could be emails, Facebook, downloading apps, YouTube, online shopping and more.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring sessions for 1 hour per week, via Team Viewer and telephone.
- Participate in monthly catch up sessions with assigned Connection Support Officer
- Participate in online induction, training and ongoing training and development.
- Participate in virtual reward and recognition events and check-ins.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to the organisation's policies, procedures and guidelines.
Can't speak Italian but love to become a Digital Mentor? Check out our Digital Mentor ad listed on this site.
Please note, upon submitting your expression of interest, you will be asked to submit a formal application by visiting our website.
Why volunteer for us? Aurous Ltd recognises and values the impact our volunteers make on the lives of Participants and the organisation. As such we have ongoing training and development, online thank you events, virtual volunteer positions, reward and recognition strategy, excellent and supportive culture, assigned Connection Support Officer and more!
National Police Certificate *.
This role is perfect for you, if you are:
- Patient and kind.
- An excellent communicator and can converse in fluent Italian.
- Empathetic and considerate towards seniors.
- Proficient in suing a computer, smart device.
- Able to commit for weekly sessions.
- Experienced using Team Viewer or willing to learn.
- Skilled in coaching or mentoring or willing to learn.
-Over age of 18 years of age due to insurance purposes.
-An Australian Citizen or Permanent resident.
-Able to supply two personal references (relatives are not considered suitable references).
-Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check-Aurous will support you through this process.
As this is a virtual volunteer role, you will be required to use your own computer, tablet or smart device, have reliable internet and telephone and be able to access emails.
Training and support provided.
Please note, shortly after applying through our website, you will receive a training log in. Induction and training allows you to view if this role is right for you before commencing. Training is online but needs to be completed within one week of applying. Applicants who cannot complete the training within one week but are still interested, are encouraged to apply.
At Aurous we acknowledge and respect Elders past present and future of the many First Nations language groups as the custodians of the lands on which we work. We acknowledge their stories and traditions and commit to working together to further our mission of connection.
One hour per week. Days / times as mutually agreed.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- IT & Web Development
- Seniors & Aged Care
Online induction, training and ongoing development provided.