About this opportunity
The Fathering Project is Australia's leading not-for-profit dedicated to improving children’s lives and futures by inspiring and equipping men to be more engaged and effective fathers and father figures. Effective fathering means happier, healthier futures for kids.
Presentations conducted by The Fathering Project trained presenters should motivate and inspire participants to become involved in The Fathering Project programs at their school, community group or workplace; leading to a greater number of fathers and father figures becoming better dads and partners for the benefit of the kids.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Professional experience working with fathers, father figures or children AND/OR personal experience as a father
- Enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference in the lives of fathers, father figures and children
- Confidence and experience presenting to large groups of dads and father figures
- Presentation experience preferred
- Significantly impacting the lives of men and their families, schools, and the wider community
- Enhanced presentation skills
- Professional and personal networking opportunities
- Invites to special activities and events conducted by The Fathering Project
Note: Presentations are generally conducted at specific primary schools, high schools, clubs or community centres and workplaces. The role can be completed from home, if an online presentation is required.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
The volunteer must be available to conduct presentations after hours, normally between 6pm – 9pm and the occasional weekend session.Suitable for
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Education & Training
- Mediation & Advocacy
Full training and support provided. Online and/or in person training is required before volunteers are deployed.