About this opportunity
Volunteer West is advertising this role on behalf of Mainly Music.
Mainly music is a thriving music and play based facilitated playgroup for families with children aged 0-5yrs. We are based at Williamstown Church of Christ and we're a great group with fun music and beautiful families.
Our Thursday sessions are run by a staff member and team of volunteers. Mainly Music forms one of the ministries of Williamstown Church of Christ. We’re looking to hire more volunteers to enable us to expand the size of our playgroups.
Volunteer tasks may include:
- Setting up tables and chairs, craft, toys, play and sound equipment before participants arrive, and packing up after participants leave
- Carrying out one or more of the following each session: Welcoming, Covid Check-in & Temperature checks, Registration desk and Farewelling (handing out snacks/stamps)
- Facilitating positive and friendly communication with parents and children during the session
- Joining the Team meeting after each session to assist with a debrief of the session including pastoral notes of families.
- Attending planning meetings and contributing to special events such as Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas if available
- Being aware and assisting mainly music Team with all aspects of hygiene, Covid19 requirements, OH&S and safety
- Volunteers may be invited to lead the families in singing songs, assisting with sound/tech or presenting the weekly ‘Think Spot'
- Adhering to Williamstown Church of Christ policy and procedure regarding child safety
- When Covid19 guidelines ease further, assisting with the preparation, serving and clean-up of morning tea
- People of all faiths (or none) are very welcome! We say a Christian prayer for the families, team members and playgroup. You are very welcome to participate in prayer, or simply observe.
- Volunteers with a disability are very welcome! Please note that although the building is wheelchair accessible, there are no accessible toilets.
Working with Children Check *.
A current Working with Children Check is necessary for this role. We can assist you with this process and it is free for volunteers. You will need to have the check completed before commencing your first session.
Thursdays: 9.30am – 12noon. Volunteers need to be available weekly or fortnightly during school term time.Suitable for
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
- Food Preparation & Service
- Music & Entertainment
You will be given training videos to watch as well as an in-person introductory training session