About this opportunity
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Compile and edit articles to be published in our monthly newsletter with collaboration from the VSO team • Write content for events, trainings, forums and workshops. • Coordinate all the various inputs from different team members, check spelling, grammar etc. • This role can be done remotely and/ or from our Ringwood office.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Previous experience creating newsletters and/ or similar media. • Your organisational and time-management skills will see you thrive in getting this engaging and visually appealing monthly e-newsletter to its audience every month. • Good communication skills and a solid grasp of the English language; grammar, punctuation and spelling. • Some previous publishing experience is desirable, but certainly not essential • Graphic Design, MailChimp and Canva skills would be an advantage. • Someone who is willing and able to conduct interviews with local organisations and volunteers would be desirable.
• Operate in a team environment with one of the Eastern suburbs backbone volunteering support organisations • Enhance your current skills, capability and enjoy the satisfaction of project work which enables you to work quite independently • Satisfaction of community participation and volunteering
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- IT savvy
- Reliable and able to work to deadlines
- Able to easily follow instructions and work independently
As per your availability; you can manage your time as needed. On average, expect approximately 8 hours per week. If you want more; we can happily extend with other tasks.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Marketing, Media & Communications
Volunteer onboarding provided