About this opportunity
Every Cat Matters For over 50 years Cat Haven has been an integral part of our local community. Within this time hundreds of staff and volunteers have been committed to rescuing, rehoming and raising awareness for cats all over WA.
How can you help? Cat Haven currently requires motivated, people-oriented Volunteers to assist in our busy retail store. This is a fast-paced, high pressure environment as we receive over 100 phone calls and emails per day, as well as high volumes of walk-in traffic. Your duties will include greeting and directing customers, accepting donations, putting together retail stock and stocking shelves.
There are two shifts available per day: 10.00am - 2.00pm, and 2.00pm - 5.00pm. We are looking for volunteers to assist on a variety of days and times throughout the week!
This volunteer position is a great way to gain experience in customer service and learn more about cats & kittens while assisting Cat Haven!
Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *.
* Previous customer service experience in a busy environment is highly desirable
* You must be 18 years or older
* You must be able to lift up to 10kgs on a regular basis and be able to bend, squat and
kneel to move stock
* You must be able to follow and comprehend instructions that are given to you, and be
able to work without direct supervision
* You must be comfortable interacting with staff members, fellow volunteers and
members of the public, providing assistance if required
10.00am - 2.00pm, or 2.00pm - 5.00pm each dayType of work
- Retail & Sales
- Working with Animals