About this opportunity
We are looking for passionate people to help our young people get through the licencing process - both theory and practical. The Volunteer Driver Mentor will be required to sit in the car with program participants, assist in logging necessary hours and reinforce safe driving skills. (Salvation Army vehicles are provided and the use of personal cars will not be needed).
This is as much about engaging both young people and mentors in their community as it is about licensing! We know that feeling part of a community assists with building a sense of belonging, improved mental health, developing pro-social behaviours and connecting to a shared social responsibility.
Opportunities are available in Stafford, QLD.
Mandatory Requirements of the Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration, induction modules and any other training as required
- Criminal History Check (Police Check) and WWCC (QLD Blue Card) are required for the role
- Applicants must have a valid drivers licence and a good driving history
- Providing 2 references are mandatory for all roles that work with persons under 18 years
Desired Requirements for the role
- Driving, mentoring, training casework or similar experiences are highly regarded for the role.
- Minimum 2 hour commitment a week (flexible) on an ongoing basis of at least 3 months.
- Please advise your availability with your expression of interest
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
To find out more, please express your interest and availability.
*The Salvation Army values its workforce and provides an inclusive work environment, embracing the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child-safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.*
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Traffic Check *. Working with Children Check *.
Minimum 2 hour commitment a week on an ongoing basis of at least 3 months.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Mandatory training and on-going program provided.