About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of BassCare.
BASS Care is a not-for-profit community based provider offering a broad range of aged care services in Boroondara. Services include: Meals-on-wheels, Social support programs, Dementia services and Residential care. We empower those over 55 to feel good and live well.
Key tasks or duties:
- Help as directed with room set up and pack up
- Escort participants from their rooms to the music activity program
- Encourage participants involvement during the class
Key skills or experience:
- Compassion and empathy for the older community
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Friendly natured person/s happy to engage in conversations with clients
- Commitment of approx. 2 hours a week, preferably on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Adaptable to change, (as some COVID restrictions still in place)
Please note that at the time of posting this position (15/4/21) entry into the residential facility still requires wearing of facemasks.
Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *.
All potential volunteers are required to apply directly with BASScare including: - Submitting an application form, clearing a Police check (BASScare carry this out on your behalf at no cost) and attending a short screening interview. Prior to commencing Volunteers are also required to attend an onsite induction and training.
Mondays - 10.15am to 11.45am Wednesdays - 1.45pm to 3pm Fridays - 10.15am to 11.45amType of work
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
The volunteer will be able to attend sessions with the current volunteer to be trained.