About this opportunity
- Possibly handling event coordination, both internally and externally
- Handling queries and complaints via phone, email and general correspondence
- Greeting all visitors
- Transferring calls as necessary
- Possibly managing office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture
- Performing ad-hoc administration duties
- Maintaining office services as required
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries
- Assisting with mail as required
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis
- Assisting the HR team with recruitment, on-boarding and termination processes
Skills and Experiences:
- Good communication skills,
- Fluency in writing and in speaking English,
- Positive attitude,
- Good team worker.
Driver's Licence (C) .
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10am-4pmType of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Disability Support