About this opportunity
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of COTA Victoria.
COTA Victoria is looking for a creative, dynamic, resourceful, and positive Marketing and Communications Assistant (volunteer) to provide support in communications and marketing tasks with a strong focus on web maintenance. This is a great opportunity to increase your online Marketing and Communications skills and knowledge while gaining more responsibilities.
The successful candidate, a strategic communicator will work on supporting the maintenance of a new website by updating content and improving the user experience. It encompasses a wide range of activities across migrating, maintaining and updating content and managing the operation of the new website.
- Assist with the migration of content from the old website to the new one
- Assist in updating and maintaining website
- Content publishing
- Digital portal management
- Content production (imagery)
You will bring with you:
- Completed or currently studying for tertiary qualifications in communications or digital marketing
- Experience content management systems, in particular WordPress
- Experience in HTML coding
- Experience and/or a clear understanding of user testing
- News and/or blog writing experience
- Plain English principles, usability and web accessibility
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively in a team
- The ability to work independently at times but be able to work as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Experience authoring, editing and publishing content, with a strong understanding of SEO, web accessibility and information architecture
- Adept sound, videography and photography skills – including end-to-end video production
National Police Certificate *.
A minimum commitment of 16 hours per week is required.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
Some job specific will be providedReimbursement
Transport and light lunch