About this opportunity
The following work scope applies to all volunteers at RDA:
- Assist with preparation of horses for riding, including catching, cleaning, brushing.
- Lead horses in a safe manner to ensure the safety of acutely disabled clients and our volunteers.
- Ability to train as a Coach, which takes 2 years.
- Walk beside the horses as instructed, ensuring the safety of the clients, and in the case of an emergency to help dismount and care for them.
- General duties as required, including clearing the paddocks of manure, cleaning tack, raking and maintaining paths.
- All volunteers are required to be physically fit and will be required to walk for at least 1 hour per riding session.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Must be physically fit, able to brush down the horses and manage feed bins etc. Working with Children Check and Police Clearance are mandatory and payable by Agency.
Tuesday and Wednesday am 9.00 am - 12.00 pm - no school children during school termSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Disability Support
- Working with Animals
On the jobReimbursement
Tea and coffee supplied