About this opportunity
RSPCA NSW are looking for help with maintaining our laundry room, including, sorting donations, making dog beds and delivering bedding to the animal areas.
In this role, you'll be assisting our Hunter Shelter team to maintain a clean and organised laundry and making the animals stay as comfortable as possible.
Training will be provided by our Facilities team, including how to use the appropriate equipment and how to ensure best practice is carried out around our animal residents.
Tasks generally include:
- Laundry duties, such as using a washing machine and dryer, folding and storing clean blankets, towels etc
- Sorting the donations for our animals and placing them into an organised room, making animal beds and delivering them to the kennels
- Helping to maintain a clean shelter for both members of the public, staff, volunteers and our animal residents
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
RSPCA NSW is a registered COVID Safe organisation, and follows NSW Health warnings and precautions in regards to our staff, volunteers, visitors and daily practices.
- Training from our Shelter Team
- Experience in a shelter environment and learning the day-to-day operations
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Rewarding work that directly brings animals comfort
- Networking with internal stakeholders
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, if possible
Any day of the week, 9am - 3pm.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Working with Animals
All training will be provided by the shelter team and volunteers