About this opportunity
Who we are:
FOXG1 Foundation Australia is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of FOXG1 and trying to find a cure for FOXG1. By studying FOXG1, we can also understand to prevent or cure diseases such as autism, Alzheimer's, epilepsy, and schizophrenia.
About the role:
Community Health Workers will primarily be working out in the community to spread awareness about rare genetic diseases and neuropsychological disorders. CHW will work closely with the team to educate and spread awareness about health.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Convey the purposes and services of the program to the user population and the impact that program or service would have on the community.
- Educate the community regarding the impact of addressing genetic diseases and neuropsychological disorders.
- Coach patients for effective management of their health conditions and self-care.
- Facilitate communication and find newer ways to spread awareness among communities.
- Document activities and results in an effective manner while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures in place
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a team
- Establish positive, supportive relationships with participants and provide feedback
- Motivate patients to be active, engage participants in their health program.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the community, research team, service providers, supervisors, and office staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills for spreading awareness.
- Interpersonal skills to gel along with community and a desire to help them.
- Creativity and resourcefulness to find newer ways to educate the community.
- Have the knowledge base for spreading awareness about rare genetic diseases.
- Should have a bachelor's degree or diploma in health education/ health promotion
Benefits for Volunteers
- We provide references for all our volunteers. (Note – You need to volunteer for at least 4 months.)
- You will receive a volunteer certificate
- We provide mentor-ship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece
6 to 10 Hours a weekSuitable for
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications