About this opportunity
Flexible Learning Options (FLO) provides customised programs and support to young people aged 10-20 years who are enrolled in school but disengaged (or at risk of disengagement) across the Southern Adelaide region.
Your role is to support Flexible Learning Options staff in supporting the engagement of FLO students and creating increased learning outcomes for FLO students.
• Supports staff in setting up and delivery of activities including cooking, art and gardening. • Support students in undertaking activities and tasks • Support students with the development of literacy, numeracy and life skills • Follow all reasonable directions provided by Program Manager or delegate
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Hold relevant qualifications or be undertaking studies in the area
• RAN-EC (Responding to Abuse and Neglect in Education and Care)
certificate or willingness to complete
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to
build positive relationships with staff, program participants and
• Ability to actively support Mission Australia’s purpose and values
• Ability to work in accordance with Mission Australia policies and
• DHS Working with Children Check or DCSI Child-related
Employment clearance (SA working with children check) (current
• National Police History Check clearance
• Reference check
Approximately 3 hours – 6 hours per week on a Wednesday but can be negotiated for a Monday or Friday. A minimum commitment of 3 months is requested. There may also be the opportunity to support FLO activities at our other site at Seaford.Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
The volunteer will be provided with an induction and orientation to their workplace and to Mission Australia including a detailed Workplace, Health & Safety briefing. Role specific training will be provided along with regular supervision