About this opportunity
Kath Dickson Family Centre is a community-based not-for-profit, organisation that focusses on the wellbeing of families and children, specifically in the crucial early years of childhood, from 0-5 years. Kath Dickson Family Centre was established in 1975 in response to the emerging need for quality child care options, by Miss Kathleen Dickson BEM and Dr John Irvine. Over the past 45 years, we have grown and diversified; we now operate three Early Education Centers, Family Day Care services, Community Playgroups, a Community Toy Library and the Kath Dickson Institute, our own Registered Training Organsiation that trains the next generation of Early Childhood Educators
We are looking for people that share our passion of supporting the development of children and wellbeing of families, to help run our Community Toy Library and support the operation of our Community Play Groups in Toowoomba.
As a Toy Library and Playgroup Volunteer, your duties may include:
- Greet Toy Library members and support with toy selection.
- Use the Toy Library online database (SETLs) to check toys in and out.
- Clean returned toys in line with COVID and basic sanitary requirement.
- Check toys for safety and return the toys to their appropriate location.
- Update returned toy status and condition on SETLs.
- Enter new members into SETLs database.
- Organise and maintain the toy library in a logical and visually pleasing way.
- Help set up for playgroups at Lawrence St centre.
- Assist with playgroup craft activity preparation as needed.
- Assist with clean up after playgroup.
Skills and attributes you will need:
- A genuine interest in children and play.
- Friendly, approachable and helpful personality.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Good computer skills and digital literacy, including experience using a database (or be a quick IT learner).
We are looking to fill morning shifts (9:00am-12:30pm) and afternoon shifts (12:30pm-4:00pm) shifts, Monday - Friday.
Whether you are in-between jobs, retired, or simply looking to give something back to the community, you will be a valued and much respected volunteer within our Kath Dickson Family. As a registered charity, your time with us may also contribute to some of your mutual obligations with Centrelink!
Because we strongly support and maintain the safety of children, you will need to hold a Positive Notice Blue Card (or obtain) and willing to undertake Criminal Police Check.
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
We are looking to fill morning shifts (9:00am-12:30pm) and afternoon shifts (12:30pm-4:00pm) shifts, Monday - Friday.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Retail & Sales