About this opportunity
About Bushwalking NSW
Our vision is to build healthy, active communities inspired by nature. Our mission is to encourage and support safe, active and inclusive bushwalking, hiking and related outdoor adventure activities.
Responsible for the maintenance of member records using GSheets & Google Forms, member communications using MailChimp, scheduling and follow-up of tasks, to keep the keep the organisation compliant, you will spend your time liaising with our member clubs, updating our records, analysing, scheduling, collaborating with other volunteers, and reporting on progress to keep us on track.
You will work closely with our executive officer, key club members, and other volunteers to ensure Bushwalking NSW and our clubs meet our objectives, complete our insurance questionnaires, comply with regulations, and are able to grow and achieve more for bushwalkers and outdoor adventure recreation in NSW & ACT.
Your work will help Bushwalking NSW Inc to encourage more people to get active in our great outdoors with the community support of our clubs.
This is a remote position with the optional opportunity for occasional meetings in Murwillumbah & Sydney.
- Ensure Bushwalking NSW achieves its annual tasks and commitments to its member clubs
- Manage completion of annual insurance survey by all clubs
- Update all general meeting minutes on our website
- Ensure Bushwalking NSW completes all tasks required to comply with good not-for-profit operation
- Schedule annual organisational tasks and invite attendees to repeat meetings
- Document volunteer Position Descriptions
- Complete organisational health check
- Track KPIs
- Assist our clubs with compliance
- Able to engage well with others
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- GSuite including GSheets, GForms, GDrive. Excel skills
- Intermediate use of email and electronic calendars such as Google Calendar, etc.
- Intermediate use of Word processing programs including Microsoft Word and GDocs
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent remote and online communication skills
- Experience in the operation of a not-for-profit an advantage.
- Scheduling and project administration experience is highly desirable. Training in use of software can be provided to the right candidate.
Online and remote worker an advantage
As much time as your commitments permit from 0.5 to 3 days/week. At times of the day and days that suit you.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Use of software and online productivity and collaboration tools such as GSuite, Mailchimp, GSheets, Trello, Zoom, Word, Excel. Task coordinationReimbursement
Bushwalking club membership if desired