About this opportunity
A little about us:
Opportunities Australia is a community-based charity focused on giving job seekers training necessary for finding employment and setting up pathways that connect the right candidates to potential employers.
We are looking for additional board members for our fledgling charity, who will be crucial in shaping our business strategy, managing human resource, networking with existing and potential partners, applying for funding and sponsorships, participating in social media campaigns - just to name few of the many duties our board undertakes.
Our current ongoing projects include:
- Facilitating our mentors in establishing a career-counselling course
- Securing funding and sponsorships
- Increasing enrolment for our free training
- Finding employers willing to hire our graduates
You will have:
- Experience working for a major brand
- Experience in managerial roles
- Valuable network contacts that may help our cause
- Most important of all: the passion and dedication to work in a non-profit organisation
We hope that like us, you are someone who wants to see a better, more cohesive future for our community, where people from all walks of life are given the chance to feel supported, and encouraged to shine. As a board member, your contribution makes our mission possible, which fills you pride as it helps others launch their dream careers.
Please send us your CV or LinkedIn and tell us why you would make a good fit.
Ideally we would like someone living in, or close to the Australian Eastern Standard Time zone, for the ease of communication.
5 to 10 hours a week from home at the moment.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy