About this opportunity
• Provide services to patients to enhance their individual hospital experience. Activities provided may include, but are not limited to storytelling/reading to patients in a variety of wards, engaging the patients with the ward activity boxes, buddy systems and companionship for our patients. • Engages with hospital visitors and assisting in answering any questions they may have about location of clinic, wards or other hospital services. • Volunteers are assigned to a department based on volunteer experience and suitability.
Medical Check *. National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Be a minimum of 18 years of age
· Have well developed communication skills and;
· Be committed to improving the patient experience
· Be culturally aware
· Be reliable,
· Be empathetic and considerate to patients, relatives, staff and other volunteers
· Be able to work well in a team environment
7:45 – 11:00am; 10:45am – 2:00pm; 1:45pm – 5:00pm Monday -SundayType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
On the job