About this opportunity
We are looking for an experienced qualified and registered Veterinarian with specific knowledge of cats in shelter and pound environments to assist in the formulation and development of the Alley Katz Australia Org. Cat Health Management Plan.
We are currently developing the plan ahead of expansion of our facilities.
Ideally you will have had broad experience in a shelter, pound and/or veterinary hospital which has exposed you to accommodation, isolation and ethogram behavioural observations.
In addition, we are interested in developing a state-of-the-art feline paramedical capacity (shelter medicine). To this end, we need to develop a qualification protocol within the health management plan.
To be successful in this role you will also need the following:
- BVSc Degree from a recognised University
- Currently Registered as Veterinary Practitioner within Victoria
- At least 1 Year experience as a Veterinary Practitioner in a Shelter, Pound or Vet Hospital with exposure to overnight, short and long term accommodation requirements involving cats.
1. Access to Windows 10 Computer operating Microsoft Office.
2. MSWord and MSExcel Beginner Skills.
3. Fluent in verbal and written English.
Most of the formulation, development and oversight involves the review of, editing, and publishing of revisions. It is expected this would take up about 1 hour per week. Flexible use of time is offered as long as task card objectives are met in a timely manner.Suitable for
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Working with Animals
- Writing & Editing