About this opportunity
We're recruiting again!!
We invite anyone who naturally enjoys helping people or those living with a disability to join our team. We conduct over 30 fishing clinics each year and are always looking for volunteers to help deliver these events.
As a FishAbility Fishing Assistant, you will provide practical support to participants by;
- Assisting participants with mild, moderate or severe disabilities to experience the joy of recreational fishing from Piers and Jetties
- Assisting with the use of fishing equipment, including, adaptive and specialised fishing rods and equipment
- Casting practice, bait and knot tying
- Showing an awareness of Victorian Fishing Rules and Practices
Working with Children Check *.
A few hours every monthSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Animals
Training and mentoring is provided. Annual Volunteer Training day (January), First Aid training, Guest speakers, Social events and Annual Conference opportunities.Reimbursement
Volunteers can be reimbursed for travel costs to and from clinics.