About this opportunity
Main activities • Supporting projects in developing a program logic, defining evaluation outcomes, identifying and selecting evaluation tools, collecting evaluation data, analysing qualitative and quantitative data, and writing evaluation reports. • Ensuring the team maintains a strong commitment to research that will facilitate an enhanced understanding of the organisation's key focus. • Planning and prioritising research activities regularly to maintain a coherent and sustainable research agenda. • Developing and maintaining relationships with key academics, researchers, and similar agencies - both in Australia and internationally. • Exploring avenues to secure funding and increase the research budget.
Key skills • Strong project management skills. • Leading and mentoring skills. • Skills in social research methods. • Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Strong knowledge of social policy.
Internal contacts Senior managers, Regional Managers, Program Managers, and research staff.
External contacts Academics, Government, and other external agencies.
Typical experience 5+ years of experience in a research environment.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement