About this opportunity
Main activities • Developing the capacity of the organisation to advocate with and on behalf of a need/disadvantaged people, and take a leading role in that advocacy. • Contributing to the development and implementation of service/research innovation across the organisation. Undertaking research that fulfils the needs of the organisation, collaborating with external organisations/institutions where appropriate/beneficial. • Working with a range of government, departmental, community, business, academic, philanthropic, and media individuals and organisations on key public policy issues. • Contributing to the ongoing development of the organisation's strategic direction. • Managing and supervising the Research & Social Policy team and maximise their contribution to the organisation. • Ensuring excellent communications and public relations are maintained at all times between the group and those with it has functional relationships.
Key skills • High-level analytical and research skills in the relevant policy area. • High-level facilitation skills to achieve shared new understandings and knowledge across sectors, may be required to disseminate highly technical information to an audience with diverse levels of technical knowledge. • High level of relationship management, both internal and external stakeholders. • Excellent organisational and project and time management skills.
Internal contacts Research & Social Policy team, CEO and Senior Executive team, Sales & Marketing team.
External contacts Relevant government, departmental, community, business, academic, philanthropic, and media individuals and organisations.
Typical experience 10-15+ years of management experience, a tertiary qualification in the relevant management discipline,
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement