About this opportunity
Main activities • Develop, implement, monitor, and report on new fundraising activities to broaden, strengthen and professionalise the total fundraising mix to achieve revenue targets. • Initiate and build integrated one to one fundraising programs, including direct marketing (acquisition and appeals); bequests; high net worth individuals; trusts and foundations • Effectively and professionally recruit, lead, manage, monitor, and develop the fundraising team • Develop and manage consistent, high-quality donor care, communications, and retention program across all touchpoints of the organisation. • Brand development portfolio- management of brand advertising, positioning, and communication of the brand. • Build and maintain close and positive working relationships with the different business areas and utilise output from those areas to increase fundraising effectiveness. • Introduce and monitor account management practices to retain and expand the portfolio of high-value cause-related marketing corporate partners. Work closely with the CEO, Marketing and Communications, to add value to such partnerships. • Budgeting and forecasting - ensure return on investment, monitoring and reporting of all fundraising and marketing activity via concise management reporting.
Key skills • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal • Proven leadership and management capability • Effective leadership and people management skills. • Working Knowledge in managing budgets and forecasting. • Working knowledge and comprehensive understanding of different roles of media. • Strong customer service ethic.
Internal contacts CEO, Marketing, Operations, and Database manager
External contacts Major Donors and Marketing corporate partners
Typical experience At least 10 years of related experience (preferably within the NGO sector) coupled with tertiary qualifications (typically in marketing, communications, or journalism)
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10 hours per week (Negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Every one at DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge:- Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO);- Council of Social Services (QCOSS);- Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.Reimbursement