About this opportunity
The Joondalup RYDE Program is on the lookout for Volunteer Driving Mentors to support young people 16-25 years to complete their required 50 hours of supervised driving, in their journey to obtaining a driver’s licence.
Driver Mentors offer supervised driving hours, not lessons, together with valuable experience, skills, positive attitudes and develop confidence in navigating roads safely.
Joondalup Public Library is the shopfront for the Joondalup RYDE program, where Driving Mentors and young people will start and finish their sessions. All session times run for a duration of 90-minutes, with 30-minute intervals between. Driving Mentors will be provided with training and ongoing support.
Prospective Driving Mentors will be required to attend an interview then:
• complete a series of online induction modules
• complete a practical driving session with our RYDE partnered driving school
• attend an induction session
If you are proactive and looking for a rewarding experience assisting young people in their journey, please complete an online application form today. For more information contact Joondalup RYDE Program Coordinators on 9400 4043 or 9400 4218.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• 23 years or older
• Hold a current C class Drivers License for four years or more continuously
• Current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain one)
• Current National Police Check (or willing to obtain one)
• Driver record history summary of previous infringements/offences
• A minimum of 2 references
· Good communication skills and ability to relate and work with young people
· Ability to follow agency policies and procedure
· Able to use web-based data software on an iPad or willingness to learn
1.5 hours per weekSuitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Driving & Transportation