About this opportunity
Fred's Van provides a free evening meal in the CBD five nights per week, serving nearly 20,000 people each year. This service provides a meal from a van on the streets of Adelaide, and has been doing so for 25 years. Providing a meal to those who may be struggling with mental health, dependency and homelessness, therefore, empathy and understanding of these are essential.
This role requires people with energy, patience and a non-judgemental mindset. Advantageous skills *Previous leadership experience. *Ability to drive a manual vehicle. *First aid qualification. *Mental health first aid qualification. *Volunteering experience within a similar field. *A can do attitude. *A good sense of humour is essential.
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
5.30pm - 8.30pm Wednesdays on a 3 weekly rosterType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
on the job training