About this opportunity
- Managing the day-to-day accounting transactions.
- Managing accounts payable including processing of invoices due for payment
- Managing Bank reconciliation tasks
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Prepare and send invoices and receipts to debtors
- Assisting in building the financial and accounting systems
- Payroll/STP compliance, Superannuation, Workcover, monthly payroll tax, wages reconciliation
- Preparation/lodgement of activity statements
- Familiar with Tax Agent Portal for filing small business and personal tax returns
- Manage general administration and office tasks as required
- Quick books Accounting System transaction data entry
- Knowledge of (Quickbooks accounting systems) & a knowledge of MEX would be advantageous
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Accounting skills and experience
- Research skills to keep up to date on compliance
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills
- A team player with demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office platforms such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and MS teams.
National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
At least 2 days a week. Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management