About this opportunity
We are currently looking for a volunteer to assist the upkeep our warehouse facilities including general cleaning duties. The goal is to support our warehouse to maintain efficient and safe day to day operations.
The tasks will include:
- General cleaning including (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping etc.) to deliver an efficient working area for day to day activities
- External sweeping and disposal of leaves etc in the rear carpark to maintain a tidy and safe area for staff to enter
- Support movement of bins for collection by external providers
- Identify maintenance issues and report these for further action
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Comply with relevant Diabetes SA policies and procedures
Previous experience working in a warehouse is not essential however, ability to carry out physical work (heavy lifting) and undertaking cleaning and tidying duties, is.
Heavy Lifting . National Police Certificate *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Approximately 3 hours a day, 2 to 3 times a week.Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
On the job training