About this opportunity
If you would like to work in a centre based daycare setting with seniors and people with Disabilties, this is the role you must apply for. We need your help to assist/support staff to deliver a quality service ensuring clients are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
Duties • Obtain instructions from staff regarding plans for the day and arrangements for refreshments and meals • Ensure all surfaces are cleaned prior to food preparation • Prepare morning tea • Assist clients with getting in and out as well as seating where required • Socialise with clients, share meals and conversation • Clear away the morning tea dishes and clean up after meals • Assist staff to set up morning activities such as games, craft & quiz. • Prepare for lunch by setting out cutlery, glasses, and water • Clear away lunch dishes, wash dishes and kitchen area • Assist with afternoon activities as per staff's directions • Encourage client’s full participation and independence as much as possible, while recognizing and respecting their right to refuse. • Prepare afternoon tea, wash dishes and kitchen area • Under the supervision of staff, assist clients to the bus
National Police Certificate *.
• Friendly, outgoing, energetic and committed person with empathy to all age groups, especially those of senior years and people with disability
• Understands professional boundaries, discretion and ale to maintain confidentiality
• Listen to clients objectively without judgment
• Comply with TOB Code of Conduct and SDS Code of Practice.
• Current unblemished National Police Clearance
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment or alone
• Initially available for 2 - 3 mornings a week on a regular and ongoing basis with a possibility of increased hours.
Day time (Between 8.30 and 3.00 depending on availability)Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and training provided. Daily supervision and support providedReimbursement
Cost of Police Clearance is covered by the organisation. Lunch provided.