About this opportunity
Through regular visits to the allocated person, the Circle of Support Volunteers will develop a friendship with them, provide companionship and help to establish links with other people and a connection with their local community.
We are seeking a small group of volunteers (4-5 people) to join a Circle of Support for a woman named Cheryl who lives in the Samson area. Cheryl is a delightful 58 year old woman who lives independently. She is extremely social and enjoys crafts, travel, shopping, movies etc. During their visits, the Volunteer monitors the following aspects of the person’s life;
• Their overall quality of life and lifestyle happiness • Physical and emotional health • Social & community connections • Recreation
Once a trusting relationship has been established, many PSS Volunteers will also take the person with a disability on short outings within their local community.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *.
• Empathy and understanding of people with disability
• A positive attitude
• Sound communication and listening skills
• An ability to work independently
• An ability to maintain confidentiality
• Patience, reliability and a genuine interest in making friends
Visit days & times are flexible and will be arranged with Cheryl and her Facilitator. Time commitments are approximately 3-4 hours per monthType of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy