About this opportunity
We currently have positions available for men to be professionally trained to support other Men in our community.
What is Mentoring Men?
Mentoring Men is a non-for-profit organisation offering Free one-on-one life mentoring programs, where you will support other men through life’s challenges. We seek to provide non-judgemental support for all men who experiencing a range of issues, such as helplessness, loss, depression, job troubles, relationship issues and other life challenges.
Mentoring Men carefully matches men who seek a mentor with a professionally trained, non-judgmental confidant (a Mentor) whose primary objective is to listen, support and encourage.
The role of Mentor includes
- Meeting regularly with your assigned Mentee
- Attending regular mentor support group sessions.
To be a mentor you must..
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have a desire to improve the lives of others and commit to the program
- Be available to meet with your mentee (online/physically) as part of the agreement
- Have a Working with Children's Check and National Police Certificate
Please note: Our program is Australia-wide and is not limited by the stated locations
National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
One hour per week/fortnight.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
All our mentors attend our specialised training course, as well as the Lifeline Accidental Counsellor course at no cost to them.