About this opportunity
Clota Cottage is a community Neighbourhood House located in Box Hill, governed by a volunteer Committee of Management. We are a Not for Profit organisation offering a range of services including adult education, leisure, personal development and social activities for the local community. We are committed to delivering low cost, quality courses that develop skills, build community capacity and provide pathways to employment, further study or volunteering.
About the Role:
Members of the Committee of Management are expected to:
• Have a genuine interest in supporting a local grass-roots community organisation • Have a strong connection to the City of Whitehorse, either as a resident, worker, business owner or student. • Exhibit a strong collaborative approach to achieving community outcomes • Contribute skills and experience to support the COM, CCNH Manager, and local community
• Oversee the governance of Clota Cottage Neighbourhood House Inc. (CCNH), ensuring its legal obligations are met and that the organisation is soundly managed, ensuring its sustainability, compliance and strategic development • At all times COM duties are to be carried out in a lawful manner and in accordance with the terms of the Clota Cottage’s Rules of Incorporation and Deed of Delegation • Continue to develop a sound understanding of Not For Profit governance and best practice • As required, to represent CCNH at community and networking events • Contribute to COM decision-making and development • In consultation with the Manager and stakeholders develop and support the Mission, Vison and Values of Clota Cottage and set the strategic direction.
• The COM must meet at least four times a year. Meetings are usually held on a Tuesday, however this is under review • Participate in any additional meetings, communications, community engagement and other activities as required • Average commitment estimated at 8-10 voluntary hours per month
All applications will be considered. The COM welcomes applications across a diverse cross-section of professional skills, experience and qualifications.
The COM should reflect the diversity that exists within the City of Whitehorse and encourages applicants who bring diversity, including people with Chinese heritage, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and young people (aged over 18) are encouraged to apply for all advertised positions.
With succession planning in mind, we welcome applications from first time committee members. Induction, mentoring and training is available.
If we have sparked your interest, we'd love to hear from you!
National Police Certificate *.
Approximately 8-10 voluntary hours per month.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Administration & Office Management
- Governance, Boards & Committees