About this opportunity
Cancer Council WA's Relay For Life Perth is looking for a passionate, creative, and personable Media and Marketing Coordinator to join the committee responsible for running this unique fundraising event, taking place from 1-2 May 2021. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is passionate about events and connecting with their local community.
You'll gain first hand events experience whilst contributing to a very worthy cause. If you're an all-hands-on-deck type of person, a good communicator, organised and enjoy putting events together then we want to hear from you!
As the Media and Marketing Coordinator, you will be a team player with the responsibility of developing and implementing a media and marketing plan, liaising with relevant stakeholders to promote the event and develop content. This is a wonderful opportunity to put your creative skills to good use in managing all media and marketing activities at the Relay For Life Perth event.
- Develop and implement media and marketing plan
- Liaise with local media to secure coverage and promote the event
- Keep social media up-to-date, posting at least twice a week
- Develop event program content
- Work closely with Chair and CCWA Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure correct communication of Cancer Council’s vision, messages and values
- Work with other committee members to ensure the Relay For Life event is delivered.
- Complete tasks to ensure your portfolio is on track.
- Attend 75% of committee meetings and other event related meetings as required.
- Attend the event.
- Promote all areas of Relay For Life and in particular team recruitment.
- Support other functions of the committee as required.
Committee meetings are held once a month, increasing to fortnightly closer to the event. Must be available over the event weekend 1-2 May 2021 as well as available to support event set-up and pack-down.Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media & Communications