About this opportunity
Driving tasks are with children and young people who are unable to live in the family home for various reasons. Our volunteers find this activity very rewarding, and enjoy having fun with the children. They often return from driving and say to me that they had a great time, and were singing and playing games or having a friendly chat. Tasks occur at various times and days and to various locations. Volunteers can choose what days or hours they are available, and what length of driving tasks they wish to undertake. Local driving and also longer distance trips such as to Adelaide are available. We work hard to keep our volunteers feeling happy and appreciated for your efforts.
- Reimbursements for volunteers' personal travel between home and our office in Port Augusta, SA are provided, daily limits apply.
- Meal allowances apply when appropriate.
- Security checks, Working with Children Check and some training is required, and is provided at no cost.
- Driver's Licence (C) is required
No qualifications are needed, but we do need you to express patience and kindness, and to have some experience with children, however this experience does not need to be work related.
You can be part of a committed and friendly team, be appreciated for your efforts, learn new skills and have some great experiences. This is a very rewarding volunteering experience.
Driver's Licence (C) . Working with Children Check *.
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week
Weekdays and/or weekends. We workaround your availability and needs.Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Driving & Transportation
We provide training and support, volunteer insurance, free Working With Children Check (WWCC).Reimbursement
Reimbursement for travel expenses from home to and from office and approved out of pocket expenses.