About this opportunity
We are looking for someone with an interest in international affairs and a desire to gain experience in the Not-For-Profit sector to volunteer in our office as a Projects Officer in our School's Promise Project Team. We are seeking someone who can commit to 2-3 days per week for at least 6 months.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past twenty-two years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
Our Projects team is dedicated towards running local community projects for peoples from Migrant and Refugee backgrounds within Sydney. These projects are focus on mental health programs, targeted assistance for single mothers and women, educational programs for youth and much more.
- Research target aid organisations & Govt funding bodies for a range of potential grant applications
- Work collaboratively with community engagement officer to understand the types of projects we can offer
- Create concept documents for the potential project
- Draft grant applications from project concept documents in line with grant guidelines and requirements
- Draft project reports at the end of community projects
- Follow up on attendees of projects to assess the impact of the project and capture feedback and insights for future projects
**ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA. ** The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to package project ideas in line with organisation and Govt funding guidelines
- A highly motivated self-starter with a mature and dynamic approach
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Understanding, respect and appreciation of other cultures values
- A passion for research and writing
- People from social work, legal and research backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
One to Two days per week (10+ hours/week). This is a Monday-Friday role within the working hours of 9am-5pm. Role is highly flexible in terms of hours, but it is ideal that applicants are able to commit to at least 6 months with the organisation. University students are encouraged to apply.Suitable for
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
This is a part time volunteer role of two days a week. On-the-job assistance will be provided.