About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- Developing growth strategies and plans, by identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Managing and nurturing relationships with existing customers.
- Attending networking events and hosting stands at exhibitions and conferences.
- Researching prospects, cold calling potential customers and responding to incoming leads to increase your client base.
- Writing business proposals and presenting these to potential customers.
- Providing specialist advice on the products and/or services you’re selling.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts.
As a Volunteer Business Development Manager, you may also be responsible for developing a new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of new and existing customers.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight/month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement