About this opportunity
Tasks and duties
- *Planning and prioritising work schedule and budget for design creation and production.
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts.
- Using a variety of software to produce aesthetically pleasing and technically optimised designs.
- Writing and modifying programming code.
- Formulating and modifying designs to fulfil initial brief and any further client requests.
- Articulating, presenting and discussing ideas with stakeholders.
Web Designers interact with computers daily, sometimes working with programming code, and utilise a mixture of creative thought and technical processes to fulfil their design briefs. They work within teams in many different industries where there is a significant digital requirement.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight/month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Counselling & Help Line
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement