About this opportunity
** Tasks and duties**
- *Helping to develop communications strategies
- Writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting copy
- Working to publication production timelines
- Supporting the public relations team with the creation of press releases and promotional collateral
- Delivering to asocial media channels, website, app, and publication content calendar
- Executing communication strategies using customer relationship management databases and email direct marketing software and templates
- Working alongside visual designers, copywriters, video producers, and external agencies.
- Monitoring web, email, and social media analytics and reporting to management.
- Organising events to promote key messages.
Our Not-for-Profit Organisation is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). Preference may be given during selection to suitably qualified applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
15+ hours per fortnight (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement