About this opportunity
** Tasks and duties**
- Analysing financial information.
- Managing budgets across different business departments.
- Developing financial forecasts such as revenue projections.
- Investigating ways to improve profitability.
- Analysing market trends for potential business opportunities.
- Reporting financial results and providing financial guidance to senior managers and stakeholders.
- Producing financial reports and business plans.
- Identifying financial risks and devising mitigation strategies.
- Leading teams and coaching employees tasked with preparing financial information.
- Ensure that the Board maintains the degree of financial literacy necessary to conduct the business of the organisation.
- Advise the Board on matters of finance.
- Advise the Board on fundraising.
- Ensure that appropriate financial policies and procedures are in place and fully documented.
- Produce [in partnership with the Board] a Financial Budget/Business Plan for the organisation.
- Ensure [in partnership with the Board] the regular review and development of the Business Plan.
- Report to the Board at each meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Report to the Board at each meeting on variances from the approved budget
- With the Secretary, place any necessary financial items on the Board agenda in advance of the meeting.
- Report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial situation of the organisation.
- Ensure the organisation’s financial control procedures are adequate and that appropriate safeguards against fraud are in place.
- Ensure that risk management strategies (including appropriate insurances) are in place.
- Collect and receive all money due to the organisation and make all payments authorised by the organisation (alongside the Executive Director).
- Oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board (With the Executive Director, oversee the organisation’s investment strategy and report to the Board).
- Prepare the Budget for the coming year.
- Review income and expenditure against the budget on a continuous basis.
Driver's Licence (C) . National Police Certificate *. Working with Children Check *.
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
10+ hours per fortnight/month (negotiable)Suitable for
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Families with Children
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- IT & Web Development
- Library Services
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Retail & Sales
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.Reimbursement